Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Oh, the Wonder of it All! Wonder Woman!?!




Ya'll, especially my closest friends and family, those of you who know how challenged at putting one foot in front of the other I am, you will NEVER believe what a TOTALLY AWESOME lady blogger did for me! She is sharing her Wonder Woman Award with me and several other bloggers (who are each awesome, too! I must get in under the sympathy vote or something!) . You are very generous, Karen, and I really appreciate this very much! The sound you will be hearing now is my friends and family ROFL! I think they were looking for the Bookworm Award or, the Forgets Where she is Going Award, or maybe Left 1/2 Her Groceries in the Checkout Bagging Area at Wal-Mart Award!

All kidding aside, I have to say that Karen in New Zealand at Karen's Ramblings is a wonderful treasure trove of delectable treats! Be sure you check her out over there. We can thank Chrissy, here at Chrissy's This and That for originating this award. This link will take you to the background of the award. Her blog is fun and upbeat.

My two favorite things about these blog awards is 1) the opportunity to share recognition with other people's blogs who have added to me through encouragement, teaching, challenging thoughts and laughter and 2) to find out about other blogs I never knew existed.

So, Here are 4 Wonder Women I want to pass this on to. I can't wait to see who they pass the award on to!
  • Joyful Days - Julie's is the first blog that blessed me when I got started. She continues to bless me every time I visit. The atmosphere is very gracious, and uplifting.

  • Falling Like Rain - Sandy is a veteran home school mom, who has blessed me greatly the past two weeks as she has generously sowed kindness and wisdom into my life, at my request. My teenage son is very grateful (as am I) that I found her blog! The atmosphere at her place is very peaceful.

  • Do You Weary Like I Do? One of the first blogs I came across that really grabbed me. This woman truly IS Wonder Woman, so it was mandatory that I tag her for this. 4 teenage boys, (well one almost), home school mom, and she can't eat meat. The first thing I thought when I saw that was, omigosh, she is going to pass out trying to take care of all them. Please let her be able to have some meat! :) I so admire her lifestyle in this regard, and others. I have been going there lately first thing in the morning for part of my devotion, because, guaranteed she will have poured her heart into something thought provoking for anyone with a feminine heart.

  • My Chaos My Bliss - Cecily's blog is not only attractive to look at (gorgeous kids). But, she and her family are like tuning into a wonderfully done sit-com on TV, before you were embarrassed at half the stuff on TV. Lots of fun!

Do yourselves a favor and check these out as you get time. You'll be so glad you did!

Thanks again, Karen!


7 comments:

A Captured Reflection said...

Your blog is a delight, days on I'm still thinking about the dancing post you did - it really 'got' me. I think those other awards - Forgets where she is going, leaves half the groceries...I can so relate to those. Also add, what day is it and where am I? And that's me to a T.

Discovering your blog is a real delight!

heidi @ ggip said...

This is the first I've heard of this award. Congratulations and what a fun name for an award.

Joyful Days said...

Thank you so much. This came on a day that I am feeling less than "wonderful" and more like I'm missing the mark. Your kind words truly gave me a boost.

I will be passing it on soon.

Always in Him,

Julie

Sandy said...

Thank you! How very kind!

She Rose Up said...

Karen, We are truly kindred spirits! :) And ditto for yours!

Heidi, thanks! It is a fun(ny) name! I have had a hoot here with it! I am still waiting for my boots and laso!

Joyful days, You have done the same for me many times, just by the atmosphere on your blog, and your comments. Now when the mark gets hard to hit, just through your laso at it and make it hold still so you can hit it! LOL!

Sandy, you are VERY welcome! Enjoy!

Have a great day, ya'll! Prays for each of you!
Maria

luvmy4sons said...

Gee. I am honored and humbled by your glowng description of a struggling sinner-ME. Thank you. What a blessing you are.

She Rose Up said...

luv4ursons,
:) It's all true! And you have blessed me many mornings!

Have a Happy Weekend!
Maria

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What Does it Mean Anyway? "Free to Fly"...

Well, it's like this: Here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Free: a : having the legal and political rights of a citizen b : enjoying civil and political liberty c : enjoying political independence or freedom from outside domination d : enjoying personal freedom : not subject to the control or domination of another2 a : not determined by anything beyond its own nature or being : choosing or capable of choosing for itself...having a scope not restricted by qualification 7 a : not obstructed, restricted, or impeded ...Now, here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Fly:1 a : to move in or pass through the air with wings b : to move through the air or before the wind or through outer space c : to float, wave, or soar in the air ... a : to take flight ...6 : to work successfully ...Examples which apply from Websters: fly high : to be elated - fly in the face of or fly in the teeth of : to stand or act forthrightly or brazenly in defiance or contradiction of

What does this mean in my life? This means that in life we are meant to be free. While historically mankind has not always enjoyed the opportunity to fully appreciate what that means, we are so indescribably fortunate as to live in a time of the greatest spiritual, physical, financial and political freedom ever known. Freedom doesn't come cheap, nor does it come easy. But the best things in life don't come that way do they? As I write this I am struck by how this sounds like a political statement, and for me this is much more of a spiritual thing, but, same goes for that (political that is). Freedom doesn't come easy. And it's worth whatever fight you have to make to overcome in your life in order to live a life that succeeds. Now the questions is - what is success for you? What is your standard? In my mind what is needed is a definite target - because you can't hit and maintain a moving target. A stable, rock-solid, anchor with no variable, yet multi-faceted. Something pure, just and worthy. If you look at any web page of news you can see that our society is certainly lacking in this area. What a great time to live as a rebel! Nowadays to be a rebel, all you have to do is be willing to engage in the battle of life, while anchored to Christ!