Monday, November 26, 2007

Parched!



Hey everyone! Missed you all! I was busy tending to things at the Ponderosa! I had several things coming together at the same time, in order to form the Perfect Storm! Not just 1 thing, not just 2 things , but like a spaghetti plate full of noodles/things! :)

Peace -Like the home in the picture above, I love that I can have peace in the storm. Granted it takes some effort to focus on what is truly important at times.


Tune-ups - One of my old assignments in my previous life as a career woman, was to oversee the speedometers and radars being recalibrated at the law enforcement agency I worked at. If memory serves the first was done annually, the second maybe was every six months. Well, last week, I needed to be 'recalibrated'! For sure. My speed gauge sometimes gets off-kilter.

How about you?

Parched - So all the speeding around had left its mark. I was parched, like this...


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



So, I had to spend some time at the oasis....


"Jesus answered her, If you had only known and had recognized God's gift and Who this is that is saying to you, Give Me a drink, you would have asked Him [instead] and He would have given you living water...


(Says the woman at the well) "Are You greater than and superior to our ancestor Jacob, who gave us this well and who used to drink from it himself, and his sons and his cattle also?"

Jesus answered her,
All who drink of this water will be thirsty again. But whoever takes a drink of the water that I will give him shall never, no never, be thirsty any more.

But the water that I will give him shall become a spring of water welling up (flowing, bubbling) [continually] within him unto (into, for) eternal life.


The woman said to Him, Sir, give me this water, so that I may never get thirsty nor have to come [continually all the way] here to draw.
" John 4:10,12-15 Amplified Bible.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Living Water -The funny thing is, I'm pretty fond of my Water! I endeavor to keep Water on hand at all times! But, sometimes you have to press through the thorns of life to get to the water.

Like in this cactus!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Hospitality - So, this week I have been keeping kind of quite, listening. All the while tending to the normal things of life in a family, at the holidays, with the things that life brings each day. I have been listening for that still quiet voice, so that I would be refreshed, cleansed and filled up with hospitality to serve, you all!


Trust me...I was D-R-Y as a BONE!


I had to get filled up! So that I could pour out...


He who believes in Me [who cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me] as the Scripture has said, From his innermost being shall flow [continuously] springs and rivers of living water.

John 7:38


Thanks for coming by! I hope that you had a Thanksgiving filled with much laughter and happy memories!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


These are my Memory Verses this week. I am more the sort who meditates on the meaning of, the spirit of the verse or passage. These have been refreshing me for about 7 years. I have recently been dependant on them and had the joy of rediscovery! I appreciate being able to share this with you!

If you like this, pop over here to Karen's place & find more or sign up for your own!

God bless you!

6 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Enjoyed all your object pictures with your message! Praying for you sister! Hope you are getting all filled up and refreshed! I can so relate!

Tiffany said...

HEY!!
Thanks for your sweet comments! I've been away down south for the Thanksgiving holiday, ( for a whole restful week!) I would love to do Memory verse Monday! I visited your friend's blog, but couldn't figure out how to copy the code and get it on my page. So, I'd love your help. By the way, what does it mean to be tagged? What do I have to do? Anywho, have a wonderful blessed day!

She Rose Up said...

Leslie,

Thanks so much! Yes, much better & endeavoring to keep that going! Thanks so much for the prayers!

Tiffany,

Hey there! You know, re: the code...don't even worry with that...I don't use it either! All you have to do is the actual post and then go to her site & put your name in & your url (did you see the boxes for that at the bottom of her Memory Verse post?) and then people who go to her site will see you name & just click, it's that easy...we all do our best during the week to try & visit each other's posts to be encouraged & it is just way cool!

To be tagged means you click on the pic, & then save as whatever you want it called and then you can do your own 7 random things post (with pic for display) and "tag" 7 (or ever how many you want to tag - it can be less) other people!

Thanks you all! Take care!
Maria

A Captured Reflection said...

Awesome! This post made me literally thirsty - a good sign I believe. You have a gift with words and a way to stir up the spirit to 'fly' with God and believe and dream and hope - and GO!

She Rose Up said...

Karen,

I am so glad to know that God is able to use even a "donkey" like me, as the saying goes! You are much too kind! Good that you feel the thirst! That's even better!

Blessings!
Maria

Karen Hossink said...

I love the Water, too!
Yes, we need to be filled up. We're no good to anyone when we're parched.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What Does it Mean Anyway? "Free to Fly"...

Well, it's like this: Here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Free: a : having the legal and political rights of a citizen b : enjoying civil and political liberty c : enjoying political independence or freedom from outside domination d : enjoying personal freedom : not subject to the control or domination of another2 a : not determined by anything beyond its own nature or being : choosing or capable of choosing for itself...having a scope not restricted by qualification 7 a : not obstructed, restricted, or impeded ...Now, here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Fly:1 a : to move in or pass through the air with wings b : to move through the air or before the wind or through outer space c : to float, wave, or soar in the air ... a : to take flight ...6 : to work successfully ...Examples which apply from Websters: fly high : to be elated - fly in the face of or fly in the teeth of : to stand or act forthrightly or brazenly in defiance or contradiction of

What does this mean in my life? This means that in life we are meant to be free. While historically mankind has not always enjoyed the opportunity to fully appreciate what that means, we are so indescribably fortunate as to live in a time of the greatest spiritual, physical, financial and political freedom ever known. Freedom doesn't come cheap, nor does it come easy. But the best things in life don't come that way do they? As I write this I am struck by how this sounds like a political statement, and for me this is much more of a spiritual thing, but, same goes for that (political that is). Freedom doesn't come easy. And it's worth whatever fight you have to make to overcome in your life in order to live a life that succeeds. Now the questions is - what is success for you? What is your standard? In my mind what is needed is a definite target - because you can't hit and maintain a moving target. A stable, rock-solid, anchor with no variable, yet multi-faceted. Something pure, just and worthy. If you look at any web page of news you can see that our society is certainly lacking in this area. What a great time to live as a rebel! Nowadays to be a rebel, all you have to do is be willing to engage in the battle of life, while anchored to Christ!