Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Spirit of Christmas Award!

Christmas Spirit Award


What I love about Christmas is beyond me to convey probably.
I love the true meaning most of all.
That God loved us so much, that He gave!


He gave because He judged it worth the risk.
I love the extra grace that seems to sizzle, like electricity, in the air.
Just waiting for people to seize hold of it and BELIEVE.
Believe that old friends and family wounds can be forgiven.
Believe that you can indeed 'turn over a new leaf".
Believe that love indeed conquers all.
Believe that those we love CAN 'turn over a new leaf'.
Believe that we love them anyway & always!


I love the special recipes that only come out at Christmas,
(nummy!)
(nope not even at Thanksgiving for some, only Christmas).


I love the way the children are more excited
about the cardboard boxes
no matter HOW MUCH $$$$ you spend on the gifts
actually in the box! :)




I love how no matter how worried we parents get
as to whether we turned our wallets, checkbooks and piggy banks inside out enough,
the children are always thrilled and grateful - why do we forget this?


Of course, I love the cold weather, beautiful lights, smell of evergreen!
Wrapping paper, secrets, anticipation!


I love how that no matter what kind of year we have had,
at the end we get to celebrate the birth of
Our Savior!


How cool is that? The end of the year is all about fresh starts, clean slates,
and Everlasting Life.
It's about giving and receiving and giving thanks the whole time for it all.
Its about love, forgiveness, hope and faith.


It's about my Mama's special recipe Jack Daniels Fudge! Divinity! & Lemon Cheescake! LOVE YOU, MOM! Merry Christmas!


This Spirit of Christmas Button came via Karen in New Zealand,


and originally from Mary at Mary's Writing Nook. Mary is sweet as she can be & I know you all know by now that I am a Karen in New Zealand groupie!




This button is for all you wonderful people who come and visit and make life much more intersting and lots more fun than it could ever be without you!




I wanted to pass on what Mary had to say. This says it all & says it best!


"There are so many beautiful people in this community. Those whom I've met are loving, giving and reach out to others that are struggling with health issues, walking through dark valleys and who need a friend to just listen. Many of these people I now call friend. Please know that I appreciate every one of you. Christmas is a time of giving and a time of joy and friendship. It is the one time each year when we stop and take a moment to reflect on the birth of Jesus. In the Spirit of Christmas and giving, I would like to present my friends and readers this Spirit of Christmas button. Everyone is welcome to take a copy. All I ask is that you continue to show the Spirit of Christmas and reach out to those who are in need of a kind word."


8 comments:

Mary said...

A beautiful post. Now to go and explore your blog further.

Blessings,
Mary

luvmy4sons said...

Love it! I could taste the fudge! Yum! Ow for me, but yum! Yes...Christmas is special!

She Rose Up said...

Thanks so much, Mary! You are such a sweetie! I appreciate you coming over!

Leslie, I have to admit, yesterday my youngest & I went to visit Mom & Dad for a little while & she talked to me about that recipe...& then she let me sample a piece....mmmm...she is the best candy maker Ever! She offered some to take home, & I had to say no! :( I just have no discipline about that stuff! So no it was! 1 piece was plenty! :)

So glad they moved back this year!

And not just bc of the candy either! Honest, MOM! I know you will see this! Love ya'!

Knit-Wit said...

I have always loved that picture of Santa worshiping Jesus. I need to show it to my three year old who is struggling with Baby Jesus in the hay and just LOVES Santa.

Cecily R said...

The end of the year is all about fresh starts, clean slates, and Everlasting Life.

Great line. Great, great line.

She Rose Up said...

Karolee!

So good to see you out & about in bloggyville! Hope she likes it! She's at such a sweet age! I hope you journal this. It will make a great story later!

Cec,

Hey, thanks very much! You are always such a gem! I hope Santa is great to your kids this year!

Joyful Days said...

I linked this post too. I can tell you are one of those who keeps the Christmas joy year-round.

Always in Him,

Julie

She Rose Up said...

Joyful,

That is very sweet of you to say...like you, it is my aim...we have all our lives to practice "hitting the mark" thank goodness!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What Does it Mean Anyway? "Free to Fly"...

Well, it's like this: Here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Free: a : having the legal and political rights of a citizen b : enjoying civil and political liberty c : enjoying political independence or freedom from outside domination d : enjoying personal freedom : not subject to the control or domination of another2 a : not determined by anything beyond its own nature or being : choosing or capable of choosing for itself...having a scope not restricted by qualification 7 a : not obstructed, restricted, or impeded ...Now, here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Fly:1 a : to move in or pass through the air with wings b : to move through the air or before the wind or through outer space c : to float, wave, or soar in the air ... a : to take flight ...6 : to work successfully ...Examples which apply from Websters: fly high : to be elated - fly in the face of or fly in the teeth of : to stand or act forthrightly or brazenly in defiance or contradiction of

What does this mean in my life? This means that in life we are meant to be free. While historically mankind has not always enjoyed the opportunity to fully appreciate what that means, we are so indescribably fortunate as to live in a time of the greatest spiritual, physical, financial and political freedom ever known. Freedom doesn't come cheap, nor does it come easy. But the best things in life don't come that way do they? As I write this I am struck by how this sounds like a political statement, and for me this is much more of a spiritual thing, but, same goes for that (political that is). Freedom doesn't come easy. And it's worth whatever fight you have to make to overcome in your life in order to live a life that succeeds. Now the questions is - what is success for you? What is your standard? In my mind what is needed is a definite target - because you can't hit and maintain a moving target. A stable, rock-solid, anchor with no variable, yet multi-faceted. Something pure, just and worthy. If you look at any web page of news you can see that our society is certainly lacking in this area. What a great time to live as a rebel! Nowadays to be a rebel, all you have to do is be willing to engage in the battle of life, while anchored to Christ!