Sunday, October 28, 2007

Tag - I'm It! Who is Gonna Be Next?!

Alrighty! Cecily, from My Chaos My Bliss has tagged me. So, now I have to share 7 things that (hopefully) you do not already know about me! At the end I will "Tag" 7 others and they get to do the same, at their leisure! I have installed this cool widget that will sound off at the end for those of you who snooze! (kidding! - you are on your own if you snooze!).

1. My first son was an emergency C-Section. He was 3 lbs 1.5 oz. Because we were at a student hospital which was prepared for such things, I was given what was an experimental shot, at that time. It was a steroid to develop his lungs, in case this happened. The result is he was and is a miraculous story of health! He gained weight every day for a month and came home at 4 and 1/2 lbs. He is 23 yrs old and 6' tall now!

2. I am known for my propensity to "chase butterflies", as my honey calls it. This means that you need a GPS locator on me if I say I am going to the Laundry Room, because I will probably get distracted several times on the way, when I show up again, it will very likely be WITHOUT what I went to the Laundry Room for, then I have to risk the trek again! This is an all too, too regular occurrence! I just have to know, are there any fellow butterfly chasers out there?

3. I detest to drive over bridges. I am not pleased that it bothers me. I don't mind to ride with someone else though.

4. I am working on a book. I have written 3 children's books. I really believe they are good, (everyone, I am sure thinks that about their writing). I just have not the time or energy to figure out how to get them published at this time. I figure when some household responsibilities change over the next couple of years, I may have more opportunity.

5. I have only been doing this for 5 weeks. I have so much to learn. But, I love writing everyday. I love even more than that the people I get to interact with. What a blessing!

6. My husband & I were married by a judge and my mother-in-law took us to MacDonald's for a burger and shake afterwards! Long story!

7. At my prom my husband practically had to make me dance...He is good at it, I am NOT! Slow dancing was the order of the day! I can sure do that with my man!

OK, I gotta run I have several more posts to get out today!!

I chose some people I either haven't mentioned before and/or they just have such good blogs and I want you to know about them and see their blogs. Several of these are new to me, and one I have never heard from, but her blog is a great Mom blog!

TAG - You are it: Heidi, Kassi, Karen at Karen's Ramblings, and Karen at Lyrics of My Life, Code Yellow Mom, and Sharon .

4 comments:

Cecily R said...

Yay for bloggy friends who humor me!

Can I just say that I LOVE LOVE the chasing butterflies reference! And to answer your question, YUP. I too am a butterfly chaser. That is a much more poetic way of saying it than "scatterbrained ditz".

I need the story from number 6 please. I'm asking nicely, so PLEASE????

She Rose Up said...

:) I am so glad to find a fellow Butterfly Chaser! What fun! Yes, much more poetic! ;}

Mmmm...I will e-mail you!

heidi @ ggip said...

I think there are worse things than going for a burger and shake after you get married. In some big weddings the bride and groom never get to eat at all.

I will do the meme,but it always takes me forever to do them!

She Rose Up said...

Heidi,

Cool! No hurry, it'll be fun whenever!

re: The burger & such. Thanks! The way I see it it was just the first of many, many, many unorthodox experiences to make life an interesting and wild experience with my honey!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What Does it Mean Anyway? "Free to Fly"...

Well, it's like this: Here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Free: a : having the legal and political rights of a citizen b : enjoying civil and political liberty c : enjoying political independence or freedom from outside domination d : enjoying personal freedom : not subject to the control or domination of another2 a : not determined by anything beyond its own nature or being : choosing or capable of choosing for itself...having a scope not restricted by qualification 7 a : not obstructed, restricted, or impeded ...Now, here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Fly:1 a : to move in or pass through the air with wings b : to move through the air or before the wind or through outer space c : to float, wave, or soar in the air ... a : to take flight ...6 : to work successfully ...Examples which apply from Websters: fly high : to be elated - fly in the face of or fly in the teeth of : to stand or act forthrightly or brazenly in defiance or contradiction of

What does this mean in my life? This means that in life we are meant to be free. While historically mankind has not always enjoyed the opportunity to fully appreciate what that means, we are so indescribably fortunate as to live in a time of the greatest spiritual, physical, financial and political freedom ever known. Freedom doesn't come cheap, nor does it come easy. But the best things in life don't come that way do they? As I write this I am struck by how this sounds like a political statement, and for me this is much more of a spiritual thing, but, same goes for that (political that is). Freedom doesn't come easy. And it's worth whatever fight you have to make to overcome in your life in order to live a life that succeeds. Now the questions is - what is success for you? What is your standard? In my mind what is needed is a definite target - because you can't hit and maintain a moving target. A stable, rock-solid, anchor with no variable, yet multi-faceted. Something pure, just and worthy. If you look at any web page of news you can see that our society is certainly lacking in this area. What a great time to live as a rebel! Nowadays to be a rebel, all you have to do is be willing to engage in the battle of life, while anchored to Christ!