Here are some of the things we do in our family, 'cause we are silly with sleep when we wake up...:
- A couple of days ago, shortly after I had cleaned the master bathroom, my husband informed me I had sabatoged him. "Excuse me?" I say. He had an almost empty deodorant stick and a brand new one sitting on the counter. Well, inadvertently I switched places on the counter when I put stuff back. My honey just about scraped the skin off his underarms with the plastic thingy that they put on to protect the new sticks...before he realized something was terribly amiss...he said the deodorant felt really, really good on that raw skin, too! Keep in mind this is after a shower!
- I ask my honey to call me when he is on the way home in the a.m., usually it is about 5:45 a.m., just in case I haven't gotten up already, so I can make breakfast for him. Well, today when he did it, I promptly hung up on him! I thought the alarm on my cell phone was going off! Don't worry, he called back & he got breakfast!
- Last week, I made him oatmeal one morning. He likes it every once in awhile. Well, I did the same thing (I thought) as always, but something was different about this batch, I just couldn't put my finger on it...my honey figured it out right away though...I only put 1 of the scoops in instead of 2. Yummy! He is such a good sport, he was straining the extra water off by tipping his spoon. He just NEVER complains about my cooking, Ya'll & clearly - I give him reason!
- This morning I was at the coffepot worshipping, I mean making a new pot of coffee and talking to my youngest while he put pop tarts in the microwave (don't ask - he likes this)...anyway our conversation abruptly ended as sparks flew in the microwave. He forgot to take the tin foil wrapper off! Oops!
- Not long ago my honey (shift work is hard, Ya'll!) put shaving cream on his toothbrush! It could be a good remedy for 'fuzzy' teeth!
- I occassionally, on the early breakfast shift, wait quite a while for the bacon to fry, only to discover I have the wrong burner turned on...don't worry, it's an electric stove!
- Last week I made myself breakfast, and forgot to eat it. I found it in the microwave that evening! That is just daft, Ya'll! I guess, I had coffee so that was all I needed!
I could go on, but I think you can see the pattern for silliness when we wake up! Caffiene is supreme here...I am thinking that might actually go on my Giving Thanks list tomorrow!