Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Year of Romance!

Photobucket

This is my week to feel inadequate to the task of blogging it appears!
I ask that you all think kindly towards me,
because I'm battling that "What were you thinking?" mentality right now.
But, wait a minute, this is the blog,
where we try to not take ourselves too seriously, right?
OK, then. It's all in good fun! Phew!
If you did not read my anniversary post,
you can click here for the entirety or, just read pertinent parts below.


Photobucket

"Anywhooo, towards that end, I am going to be doing a monthly post about
The Romance Challenge.
AND, I am hoping some of you will join me,
in gifting ourselves and our spouses
with more of us.
More of us tuned in to each other,
just a wee bit,
instead of the teen-angst,
instead of the teething, potty-training, and homework.
Because life DOES challenge us to give this time and energy up,
its about the first thing to go.
The intent is to inspire each other, even if you don't sign up.
Like everything else our Bloggy Community does,
It's just a little inspiring, a little laughter, a little cathartic! That's all!"


Photobucket
And:
"Now, this does not mean we will be taking long weekend getaways,
that is not our budget/lifestyle right now...
But, we have always known how to have cheap,
(I'm sorry, should that have been economical?) easy fun.
Thank the Good Lord!
But, since we've always known how,
we also take it for granted.
I perceive we are at a transitional time.
(Aren't we always?)
And this is the right thing, the fun thing to do for us,
and for our kids.
They NEED to see us make this effort"



Photobucket

The goal is not to set the world on fire here, Ya'll!
But, to keep those home fires burning!
So, drum roll please.........
I will be posting on or near the 19th of every month
(because that is our anniversary!).
My posts will be about how romance is working for us this year,
and in years past. There will be other bits and pieces, as it seems right at the time.
Over the course of the year,
I plan to build a link list on the side bar of places you may want to visit.
And another of books I have read or you have read and recommended.


Photobucket

If you are interested in participating, here is the criteria:
1. Keep it "G", Ya'll!!
We don't want to know about the messy details! :)
We can figure it out!
As they say, leave a little to the imagination!
2. If you decide to pursue your romantic adventures via outings, the ones you post about are limited in this way: they must be simple, economical, and even as close to free as possible. With the following exception:
3. The exception to number 2 is that each participant
can post about 2 "special" outings,
which maybe of a more spectacular nature,
a getaway that would require budgeting, etc.
We don't need to know how you did it
(unless that seems important to you to share),
we can just be happy for you that you were able!
4. No one "has" to do number 3. (or anything else either!)
Let's face it, some years we just are more fiscally challenged than others -
but that does not have to stop the romance!
5. That we remember at all times,
we are just regular people trying to "make it" in life.
And have great, fulfilling marriages while we do it.
Because, "Two are better than one,
because they have a good [more satisfying] reward for their labor;
For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls
and has not another to lift him up!"
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
6. Have fun, don't stress, think of what would be pleasing to your spouse,
because they usually get all the pressure to please us in romance.
7. Think outside the box! Whatever Your particular Box is!
8. You can choose to do your post on or around the 19th,
or if you prefer you can use your anniversary date.

Photobucket

All that is left is to consider if this is something that sounds like fun

for you and your guy!

If it does, and if you feel like sharing,
as a way to inspire (and entertain!) others,
then plan to post on or around the 19th, come here & sign Mr Linky,
leave a comment, and in your comment,
please vote for which graphic image (used in this post)
you prefer for our button.
On Saturday, when I do my first post,
I will announce the graphic which will be our button.
Toodles!

10 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Hey this sounds like fun.
I can always use help in this area--
especially with all I have going on in my life right now.
I love the black and white picture of the couple dancing-to me it represents romance and passion.
I am not sure why I need to sign in to Mr Linky. Don't I have to wait until I do a post on this. Maybe I misunderstood.

She Rose Up said...

Great, Sharon! You know, I am in WAY over my head doing this, but I am trusting God to show the way & the how & such! One of the (several)things about this, was I had NO idea how to do a Mr Linky, I think in my haste to conquer it I misjudged when to use it, and you are right, we won't need Mr Linky until the 19th when I do my first post! I will take that out of the post (for less confusion) :)

Thanks for having a clear head!

Myra said...

Just "HI" and have a great week!

luvmy4sons said...

I vote for the swing set picture. I cannot make any promises, but I love your idea. You are so creative and inspiring. I just love you girl friend! Our anniversary is St. Patrick's Day-so the 17th is real close to the 19th! I will see what happens!

Sharon Brumfield said...

I just came back to give you a small word of encouragement.
I think this idea is great and needed. Don't get discouraged if is does not pop right into place.
When I used Mr Linky for the first time for our Christmas project I was a little saddened by the response. But if only one person is touched--thank ya Jesus!!
I love your heart--most of all I love the serious nature of it.
There is so much fluff going on around-social stuff-that it is nice to see substance. Not that fluff is wrong--just not all the time.
Feel free to delete this if you like. It may be misunderstood by some.Just send me a smile if you understand where I am going.

Tiffany said...

This is going to be soo much fun! (Too much excitement? - ok, maybe just a tad.) I can't help it, I am excited about this challenge. And if for no one else, this is falling into place for me at just the right time! I'll be participating on the 19th of every month, because that is my anniversary as well, (May 19th!) My vote is for the black and white- dancing picture. And I was excited to see you over at Emma's blog! Don't you just love her blog?! A few weeks ago, I told her about this challenge, so I hope she participates. I think she'd have a unique perspective to offer! Toodles!

She Rose Up said...

Sharon, :D & :) for good measure! That was so very kind of you to take time to do! I really appreciate that. No worries! You know, I am thrilled if anyone wants to participate. But, even if no one did, this is what I know is right for us (My honey & me) to do. You know? I know what God put on my heart to do, so I am good with that. What IS hard is to be public about something I am VERY private about,& hope that I don't offend/disappoint anyone in the process...like I said, trust, trust, & trust again! for those who can't participate it's all good, bc just getting the thought process going & dialogue going is a good thing...You have a great big heart Sharon! :)

Myra, it is great to hear from you! Hope things are going good over your way? I will come see you soon.

Hey there, Leslie! No worries! I think it will be 1) fun for me to do) and 2)if a few others are too, that will give people soemthing to go and browse through, and I just believe that a whole year of running across that topic, may inspire somone, make a difference for someone that never leaves a comment, someone we don't know at all. & THAT is the cherry on the sundae! I think your a peach too!
:) so glad to be friends! God is good!

Tiff, :) You are such a burst of sweet energy! You're right, I really DO love her site and what she does is really so unique, it is very creative & I just LOVE the message. (I mean even the title speaks to me!)

TO ALL: You guys have ALL blessed me! & I know you won't mind if I ask that when you think of it from time to time thru out the year, if you'd give a prayer for this project & everyone it touches. Families are sooo important, they are the building block of our society...and marriage is the heart of the family.

In faith & great expectation!
Maria

Stacey said...

You were recommended through Karen's blog (Surviving Motherhood)- and I like your idea! It is common for wives to roll their eyes and say demeaning things about their husbands. I am glad that you are encouraging us to all respect our husbands and to have fun with it. My husband and I have both been married previously, and we each destroyed our first marriages with lack of respect, among other shortcomings. It is of utmost importance that we never do that to each other. It is so much fun to try to "outlove" our spouses! I am looking forward to reading the celebrations on your blog.

Stacey said...

btw, I love the couple on the beach scene!

She Rose Up said...

Great to meet you Stacey! I am in complete agreement with you on all counts! And I am so glad that you and your love have a fresh chance to enjoy the gift that marriage is meant to be! It sounds like you have both gained much wisdom through your experiences!

I look forward to a visit at your place! And thank you for coming by and visiting!

xoxo,
Maria

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What Does it Mean Anyway? "Free to Fly"...

Well, it's like this: Here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Free: a : having the legal and political rights of a citizen b : enjoying civil and political liberty c : enjoying political independence or freedom from outside domination d : enjoying personal freedom : not subject to the control or domination of another2 a : not determined by anything beyond its own nature or being : choosing or capable of choosing for itself...having a scope not restricted by qualification 7 a : not obstructed, restricted, or impeded ...Now, here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Fly:1 a : to move in or pass through the air with wings b : to move through the air or before the wind or through outer space c : to float, wave, or soar in the air ... a : to take flight ...6 : to work successfully ...Examples which apply from Websters: fly high : to be elated - fly in the face of or fly in the teeth of : to stand or act forthrightly or brazenly in defiance or contradiction of

What does this mean in my life? This means that in life we are meant to be free. While historically mankind has not always enjoyed the opportunity to fully appreciate what that means, we are so indescribably fortunate as to live in a time of the greatest spiritual, physical, financial and political freedom ever known. Freedom doesn't come cheap, nor does it come easy. But the best things in life don't come that way do they? As I write this I am struck by how this sounds like a political statement, and for me this is much more of a spiritual thing, but, same goes for that (political that is). Freedom doesn't come easy. And it's worth whatever fight you have to make to overcome in your life in order to live a life that succeeds. Now the questions is - what is success for you? What is your standard? In my mind what is needed is a definite target - because you can't hit and maintain a moving target. A stable, rock-solid, anchor with no variable, yet multi-faceted. Something pure, just and worthy. If you look at any web page of news you can see that our society is certainly lacking in this area. What a great time to live as a rebel! Nowadays to be a rebel, all you have to do is be willing to engage in the battle of life, while anchored to Christ!