Monday, January 28, 2008

You Encourage Me to Follow in His Footsteps!


My New Zealand friend, Karen,
has designed a beautiful award.
Here are her thoughts and motivations for this award.
"What is on my heart this morning is Encouragement. A word of hope or affirmation is a real blessing to building one another up - with the view of leading us closer to God.I have been really encouraged, inspired, challenged and stirred up by a lot of posts that I have read. They have drawn me closer to God, desiring to follow in His Footsteps more and more."
Isn't this a sweet and thoughtful award? Karen is like that.
She is a real exhorter and a great giver.
She pours herself out to encourage others through what she has or is dealing with,
in a manner that points to Christ.
I would like to pass this on,
(she gave it to several I would have included).
1) Back to you, Karen!
Because I can always count on a prophetic word from the Lord through your site.
And maybe a good laugh to boot! Thank you for being faithful to the Lord!
2) Julie at Joyful Days. She is such a serene and yes, joy-filled hostess! She has something of everything and always is a gracious and grace-filled hostess! I love her easy and thoughtful way. It is always a comfort to visit her site, and a joy to read her comments.
3) Leslie at Do You Weary Like I Do? I know you all have heard me say before, I go to her site everyday, even if I don't have time to blog usually. She has such love for her Jesus, it is challenging and contagious. I am not so obvious with mine, it is just my personality. So I need people like her to help me out this way! I can be sure that her post will point me to Christ, so she goes great with coffee! I heart you, Leslie! :)
4) Karen at Surviving Motherhood, she is a sweetie and completely devoted to the Lord and her family. How can you go wrong with that?
5) Tiffany at Southern Sass. Tiffany is the epitome of southern charm and grace
(all the best parts, Ya'll! ). She reflects the Godly desire to serve God through making a grace-filled home and loving environment for her family.
6) Mel at Mel's World. She is a breathtaking whirlwind of zeal and enthusiasm for living for Christ. Lots of fun and very uplifting!
7) And my latest find I have to say I found through Sharon at Sit With Me Awhile, (who I would certainly have awarded, but Karen got to her first! LOL!), Nicki is a young wife and mother and she is younger than I was when I got saved, and knows so much more at such an early age. Should the Lord tarry, I hope I get to see her go far and wide and deep for the Lord! You will love the title, Three Girly Girlz!
I really don't have a bloggy friend who doesn't encourage me to
"follow in His footsteps".
I am ever so ridiculously blessed to have so many wonderful bloggy friends!
The people I have mentioned here, are the ones that I can click on even when I maybe can't focus or press in, because of time or state of mind, and KNOW that I will be drawn near to Christ and it will be impossible to miss Him while I visit with them.
If there is a blog you haven't seen or heard of before,
please do yourself a favor & check it out & introduce yourself!

7 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

You are too sweet. Way too sweet dear sister. Thank you. I must say that your assessment of yourself I do not agree with. Jesus shines through you girl! Love ya!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Girl you just BLESSED MY SOCKS OFF!!! THANK YOU!!! How sweet!!

Tiffany said...

Maria,
Thank you so so so much! This means the world to me. Not just the award, but what it represents! You encourage me so much as well, in my walk! I look for you every time I get on to blog or read! You're such a joy! Thank you again!

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Could you be any sweeter??? Thank you so much for thinking of me and for all the wonderfully kind things you said! I really appreciate it!

Much Love,
Melissa

Denise said...

You really deserve this award.

She Rose Up said...

Leslie, your generous words gave me a warm toasty glow all day! Thank you so much! I really don't see it, but that is always a desire of mine! Thanks again!

Nicki, I am soo glad! You bless me too! Just being you! Enjoy!

Tiff, You are so very welcome! I love the way that we are all able to come together and encourage each other just help each other have hope and fun on the way!

Melissa, It's easy to be sweet to people like you! And it's all true! Thank you for all do! I know it is an investment, but,it is a great one!

Denise, thank you so much for saying that & congratulations to you as well!

Enjoy you all! Hope your week is going great!

Joyful Days said...

Late on saying thank you for this. I am up with a coughing one tonight and still sketchy on my re-connecting with my friends.

Thank you for the encouragement.

(())

Julie

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What Does it Mean Anyway? "Free to Fly"...

Well, it's like this: Here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Free: a : having the legal and political rights of a citizen b : enjoying civil and political liberty c : enjoying political independence or freedom from outside domination d : enjoying personal freedom : not subject to the control or domination of another2 a : not determined by anything beyond its own nature or being : choosing or capable of choosing for itself...having a scope not restricted by qualification 7 a : not obstructed, restricted, or impeded ...Now, here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Fly:1 a : to move in or pass through the air with wings b : to move through the air or before the wind or through outer space c : to float, wave, or soar in the air ... a : to take flight ...6 : to work successfully ...Examples which apply from Websters: fly high : to be elated - fly in the face of or fly in the teeth of : to stand or act forthrightly or brazenly in defiance or contradiction of

What does this mean in my life? This means that in life we are meant to be free. While historically mankind has not always enjoyed the opportunity to fully appreciate what that means, we are so indescribably fortunate as to live in a time of the greatest spiritual, physical, financial and political freedom ever known. Freedom doesn't come cheap, nor does it come easy. But the best things in life don't come that way do they? As I write this I am struck by how this sounds like a political statement, and for me this is much more of a spiritual thing, but, same goes for that (political that is). Freedom doesn't come easy. And it's worth whatever fight you have to make to overcome in your life in order to live a life that succeeds. Now the questions is - what is success for you? What is your standard? In my mind what is needed is a definite target - because you can't hit and maintain a moving target. A stable, rock-solid, anchor with no variable, yet multi-faceted. Something pure, just and worthy. If you look at any web page of news you can see that our society is certainly lacking in this area. What a great time to live as a rebel! Nowadays to be a rebel, all you have to do is be willing to engage in the battle of life, while anchored to Christ!