This is my first foray into the Thursday Thirteen frontier. Today I will share some of the things that make a good day during the routine affairs of this home school family.
It's a Good Day When:
- My husband is a policeman. He works nights. When he comes home, happy and safe first thing in the morning, THAT is for sure a good day!
- Getting up in time to have alone time with God, everything seems to flow out of that the rest of the day.
- Getting to bed on time (now that I am getting older) seems to help out a lot more than it use to!
- When my 14 yr old son is in a sociable mood and more willing than not to learn! Much better then! :)
- When I get a new insight into God's Word and have something new to prepare for teaching (not home school teaching, but I occasionally am blessed to speak to women's groups & I have a bi-weekly Bible study).
- When company is coming!
- If it's my husband's (hereafter to be referred to as my "honey"!) day off.
- When the house is clean, the candles are lit and something is cooking or baking & a pot of coffee is brewing! That is can't miss territory!
- When we have one of those unique to Home Schooling conversations, the kind that are born out that time spent together, not rushed, not distracted and you know something good has been etched into both of your hearts and minds, (his and mine).
- When I know that I haven't been so rigid about the lesson plan/work thing that I erased any chance at LEARNING - which is the whole point anyway.
- Lately, if I have time to blog, that is good!
- Someone close to me is struggling with an issue. It is painful to watch & pray. Some days I can tell they are winning the battle. Some days I am not sure, I just have to trust. Days I can tell they are winning -THAT is a good day!
- Any day that I remember to really be grateful for the blessings, oh, so many, has the power to make ANY day a Really Good Day!