"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones"
But, I have found it IS a choice!
And God's peace shall be yours,
For the rest, brethren, (& Sistern!:)
1. An increase in the activation and number of cells which "kill" viral infected cells, and even some cancerous and tumor cells. Sounds like a good thing!
2. A number of other things very technical, but very much IN EFFECT after watching funny movies, pertaining to the immune system.
3. Lowers blood pressure (seems to impact women more than men, to me I'm sorry ladies, this just confirms the picture that we tend to "worry" too much!) :) (Or maybe that's just me!).
4. Muscle relaxation
5. Respiratory benefits
6. Cardiac exercise (it is an internal "jogging" which can benefit even those who can't actuall physically exert themselves, how cool! (Honey I think that means I don't have to do the tread-mill today, I watched 2 episodes of Frasier while working in the kitchen! You know how much I laugh at the show!).
7. Pain reduction. Lingering effects cause you to "forget your pain", coupled with the release of endorphins which are naturally occuring pain-killers of a sort and provide a general sense of well-being.
8. Reduction in Stress Hormones, at least four of them; epinephrine, cortisol, dopac, and growth hormone.
There were several internet sources for this. I primarily used this link.
Hope you have a hoot this weekend!