Monday, December 10, 2007

What Makes You a Good Friend?




I found this cute little test, over at Mel's Place...love her site. I just am forever amazed at how many unique and wonderful people are out and about in bloggyville!


Anywhooooo, this is a quiz that assesses the strengths that you bring to a friendship.


A very wise woman (my mom) has told me, and I have since found it to be true
(through much trial and error), that one of the best things we can each do,
is to find our strengths and focus on building and developing them...
rather than spend much time and frustration fussing with our weaknesses.
Somehow in that process, our strengths overcome our weaknesses.
Anyway that's what Mom said, and I'm sticking to it!

Here was how mine turned out, be sure and tell me if you do one, and I will make sure I pop over!




You Are a Good Friend Because You're Loyal



You stick with your friends no matter what, even if you feel like they're doing the wrong thing.

You believe in letting people figure out their own path in life. It's not your place to interfere.



And part of your loyalty means that you'll do a lot for your friends. You definitely go the extra mile.

You'll even do great things for friends without them asking. After all, that's what friendship is all about.



You are truly a friend for life. And you have friends you've known since you were a kid.

Your friends can count on you to do a favor, remember a birthday, or just be there to listen.



Your friends need you most when: They can't turn to anyone else



You really can't be friends with: Fickle people who change friends quickly



Your friendship quote: "Friendship doubles your joys, and divides your sorrows."

10 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

What an refreshing thought.

Melissa in Mel's World said...

I love it! I thought that was what you would be...you strike me as a long and loyal friend!

Thanks for your kind words, your prayers, and your encouragement...it means so much to me!

Take Care,
Melissa

She Rose Up said...

Heidi! Thank you! I hope you all are feeling better at your house! And that your hubby didn't get that yukky virus!

Mel, Thank you, that very kind of you to say. And you are Very welcome!!

Now, if I can just translate this life skill to other areas! :p

luvmy4sons said...

Not surprised at all by your results! You have quickly grown to be such a blessing to me! Love ya!

quance said...

Beware of fickle friends. They can really cause much pain.

She Rose Up said...

Leslie,
You are very kind! I believe the same is true of you! I am sooo grateful that we have gotten to cross paths and become friends! You have been a great encouragement to me!

Quance,
Pleased to meet you! I would love to check your blog out, but I didn't see one listed?

I know what you mean, fickle friends do hurt. While I do not choose people who make that lifestyle a habit for my close friends...I also think we all bring our humanity to the table of friendship...we all behave in a fickle fashion at one time or another, much as we might regret it. So, mercy is good to bring also! Enough for ourselves, and our friends!

God bless! & Thanks for stopping by!
Maria

Unknown said...

The test was fun. I liked the results and thought they were quite accurate. Fun stuff.

Myra said...

Hi! I'm new to Blogger. I have a page at LifewithChrist.org, too. I live in Florida, too! My other page is a photo devotion project.

http://myra.lifewithChrist.org

Maybe we could visit sometime! I am an associate pastor's wife.
Take care! Merry Christmas!

quance said...

Mercy is good. I need to give and receive it daily. I don't have a blog, but enjoy reading them. I am more of a lurker. (Not in a bad way) It never ceases to amaze me how much people have to say about anything and everything.

She Rose Up said...

Carole, Cool! That's the idea! Just a little (hopefully insightful) fun!

Myra, So pleased to meet you! I will pop over. Merry Christmas to you also!

Quance, Yes Mercy is a critical ingredient for us!

Ok, I get it! :) A friendly lurker, my mom and BF do the same! Welcome to the club! :) Feel free to lurk at will!

Blessings to you all! Hope your weekend is a refreshing one! Take some time to make a memory!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What Does it Mean Anyway? "Free to Fly"...

Well, it's like this: Here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Free: a : having the legal and political rights of a citizen b : enjoying civil and political liberty c : enjoying political independence or freedom from outside domination d : enjoying personal freedom : not subject to the control or domination of another2 a : not determined by anything beyond its own nature or being : choosing or capable of choosing for itself...having a scope not restricted by qualification 7 a : not obstructed, restricted, or impeded ...Now, here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Fly:1 a : to move in or pass through the air with wings b : to move through the air or before the wind or through outer space c : to float, wave, or soar in the air ... a : to take flight ...6 : to work successfully ...Examples which apply from Websters: fly high : to be elated - fly in the face of or fly in the teeth of : to stand or act forthrightly or brazenly in defiance or contradiction of

What does this mean in my life? This means that in life we are meant to be free. While historically mankind has not always enjoyed the opportunity to fully appreciate what that means, we are so indescribably fortunate as to live in a time of the greatest spiritual, physical, financial and political freedom ever known. Freedom doesn't come cheap, nor does it come easy. But the best things in life don't come that way do they? As I write this I am struck by how this sounds like a political statement, and for me this is much more of a spiritual thing, but, same goes for that (political that is). Freedom doesn't come easy. And it's worth whatever fight you have to make to overcome in your life in order to live a life that succeeds. Now the questions is - what is success for you? What is your standard? In my mind what is needed is a definite target - because you can't hit and maintain a moving target. A stable, rock-solid, anchor with no variable, yet multi-faceted. Something pure, just and worthy. If you look at any web page of news you can see that our society is certainly lacking in this area. What a great time to live as a rebel! Nowadays to be a rebel, all you have to do is be willing to engage in the battle of life, while anchored to Christ!