Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cat's Got My Tongue & More to Follow



How's things going in you-all's world? I am in a weird place mentally right now. I'm fine. But, I just can't hardly make myself write a post, visit or comment. I think about you all and pray. But, it's like when I get to the PC, cat's got my tongue, and I am all locked up. I have numerous topics and thoughts I want to write about. Lots of ideas, and things I see in the Word that I want to bring to life and light. But, like a sci-fi force shield, when I approach my PC it just stops up, evaporates, sounds silly or too deep or pretentious and presumptuous. So, I back away from the key board.

I don't even like getting on the PC right now for any reason. From time to time I just get a burst of mental energy that says "I can do this, at least this once". That's is what brings me to the keyboard now. I just wanted to say I am not a fly by night sort of person. I feel like I am letting you all down. At the same time I just can't post any ole thing. I will say that inside I am in a bit of a state of flux. Maybe that is part of this mental malaise.

If I have not visited you or had an uplifting post when you needed it, please accept my profuse apologies. I will have another post called Scattered Thoughts coming up.

Much love to you all! If anyone knows how to make those cool signatures some of you have, and you feel like pointing me in the right direction for that, I'd sure love it! Even if you can send me the link you use for it, that'd be great.

5 comments:

Joyful Days said...

I was thinking and praying for you this morning.

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. It was the weirdest feeling.

Give yourself however much time you need to get to where you need to be. Take care of yourself, your family and IRL; we will all be here when you feel like posting.

Always in Him,

Julie

She Rose Up said...

Julie - Well your prayer moved mountains today! Thank you for being such a sweet and Spirit led friend! You are such a blessing!

I appreciate your encouragement to take what ever time is needed. I am going to try to focus more on one day at a time! Something I frequently have to re-learn! :)

Hugs & prayers and all that is good to you my sweet friend!
Maria

Denise said...

You have been covered in my thoughts and prayers my friend. Please take care, love you.

Tiffany said...

Maria-
I've been feeling the same way a lot this summer. So, I've just been going with it and spending more time with my family, our play group, a new ladies ministry, ect. I will come when He wants it to. Real friends understand, and will here when you return! ~Blessings!

She Rose Up said...

Denise - thank you my friend! You are so sweet!

Tiff - I am encouraged that so many have experienced this! Your life sounds like it is at a very fruitful time! Enjoy these days!

Make beauty this week! Whatever opportunities for it you have!

xoxo,
Maria

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What Does it Mean Anyway? "Free to Fly"...

Well, it's like this: Here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Free: a : having the legal and political rights of a citizen b : enjoying civil and political liberty c : enjoying political independence or freedom from outside domination d : enjoying personal freedom : not subject to the control or domination of another2 a : not determined by anything beyond its own nature or being : choosing or capable of choosing for itself...having a scope not restricted by qualification 7 a : not obstructed, restricted, or impeded ...Now, here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Fly:1 a : to move in or pass through the air with wings b : to move through the air or before the wind or through outer space c : to float, wave, or soar in the air ... a : to take flight ...6 : to work successfully ...Examples which apply from Websters: fly high : to be elated - fly in the face of or fly in the teeth of : to stand or act forthrightly or brazenly in defiance or contradiction of

What does this mean in my life? This means that in life we are meant to be free. While historically mankind has not always enjoyed the opportunity to fully appreciate what that means, we are so indescribably fortunate as to live in a time of the greatest spiritual, physical, financial and political freedom ever known. Freedom doesn't come cheap, nor does it come easy. But the best things in life don't come that way do they? As I write this I am struck by how this sounds like a political statement, and for me this is much more of a spiritual thing, but, same goes for that (political that is). Freedom doesn't come easy. And it's worth whatever fight you have to make to overcome in your life in order to live a life that succeeds. Now the questions is - what is success for you? What is your standard? In my mind what is needed is a definite target - because you can't hit and maintain a moving target. A stable, rock-solid, anchor with no variable, yet multi-faceted. Something pure, just and worthy. If you look at any web page of news you can see that our society is certainly lacking in this area. What a great time to live as a rebel! Nowadays to be a rebel, all you have to do is be willing to engage in the battle of life, while anchored to Christ!