Wednesday, July 30, 2008

He Has Gone BEFORE Us!


I was typing a comment early last week at a friend's site. As I typed I realized that something we all often count on and rely on is the fact that we believe and we know that God goes before us. It is something I contemplate prayerfully more and more as I grow older. It gives me great comfort. On behalf of myself, but most especially loved ones, and situations that life brings us to. It is so reassuring when you view those situations from the vantage point of God BEFORE you. What really excited me though as I typed I "flashed" on a scripture I had used in a header a while back. And I realized that the two concepts go together. Let me show you:

"And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD. And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty;..." Exodus 34:5-7. See?

He goes before us and He is with us
. He dwells within us, and we abide in Him. As He goes before us, He goes in His mercy. Stop and contemplate right there. He has gone before you into that medical waiting room, or into that court room. He knew about the car accident, He has gone before you. He is with your son and your daughter, on the battlefield, in the school room, on the bus, in the locker room, in the guidance counselor's office. He has gone before them in His MERCY preparing grace, goodness and revelatory truth to light their path.

We must teach them to look for signs that He has been there BEFORE them! We must remember to look ourselves!

We live in very uncertain times. Financially, relationally, politically, you name it. But, we have a CERTAIN God! We have a CERTAIN Word. We can take Him at His Word and then we can rest assurred as we go out into that wide, wide world, and send our loved ones out into it. We can go like David went to Goliath. He ran to the battle and He went confident of the Name of the Lord!

I used these beautiful tropical pictures to show that a God who took such care to make sure that EVEN in a fallen world we would have signs of His beauty and care for us, that SAME God has gone BEFORE us, and BEFORE our loved ones - preparing a way of goodness, mercy, longsuffering (that's how He treats us - He suffers long on our behalf!) and in truth and graciousness.

Ok, now that we know He has gone before us, you got your running shoes on? You ready to go run take out Goliath? Ready, Set, RUNNNNNNNN!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Renee said...

What a beautiful post! I really needed this today...thank you so much. Have a blessed week.

luvmy4sons said...

What an inspirational and encouraging post! I love it! He DOES go before us. That is SO reassuring. Thanks for this encouragement today. I needed it! Hugs to your sweet, ever encouraging heart!

Denise said...

I really appreciate this precious encouragement my friend, love you.

Stacey said...

This is a comfort to me, too. Sometimes I am so frantic to make sure He is going before me that He has to remind me to rest and wait. He will be ahead of me if I am surrendered and humbly following!

Thanks for your comments. You might want to check out MOMS IN TOUCH. The link is on my post. If you don't have a group in your area...you could start one! Many times it has just been me and one other lady. There are a few others who join in when they can. It sure has blessed me.

She Rose Up said...

Renee' - So glad you were blessed! It is great to hear from you! I Hope your summer is turning out lovely!

Leslie - Isn't He awesome?! So glad this helped! Thank you so much for your kindess!

Denise - You are so welcome!

Stacey Stace - Good words! And thank you, I didn't know it was a group that was available in that fashion. How awesome is that? I will certainly checki it out!


xoxo,
Maria

Sharon Brumfield said...

I could have sworn..well not literally..that I had left a comment. And I already getting to that forgetful stage.....please no.
So anyway...my thoughtfulness aside...I was reminded of a song that Mandisa sings about how God is saying I love you in so many things we miss.
Yesterday as we were at the fishery I was thinking of you while wandering through the butterfly garden. I kept asking God to make them stay still so that I could get a good picture of one or two for you. Why? Because when I see them I think of you.
So I guess you could say that He went before me and held one of those little guys still enough for me to get a pretty good picture.
I'll send it along.
And this post about wraps up the last year of my life....boy has He gone before us. Can't wait to see what is on the road ahead of us.

Unknown said...

I love to read your posts, you always have great insights.

I popped in because I am closing my blog for the time being. My life is crazy and I feel guilty for not writing but have had our youngest son and his family move in with us and I am also looking for another part time job to help with expenses so I don't seem to have the time I need or want to be at the computer much. I hope to keep checking in on you though and will look forward to seeing you when I can.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What Does it Mean Anyway? "Free to Fly"...

Well, it's like this: Here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Free: a : having the legal and political rights of a citizen b : enjoying civil and political liberty c : enjoying political independence or freedom from outside domination d : enjoying personal freedom : not subject to the control or domination of another2 a : not determined by anything beyond its own nature or being : choosing or capable of choosing for itself...having a scope not restricted by qualification 7 a : not obstructed, restricted, or impeded ...Now, here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Fly:1 a : to move in or pass through the air with wings b : to move through the air or before the wind or through outer space c : to float, wave, or soar in the air ... a : to take flight ...6 : to work successfully ...Examples which apply from Websters: fly high : to be elated - fly in the face of or fly in the teeth of : to stand or act forthrightly or brazenly in defiance or contradiction of

What does this mean in my life? This means that in life we are meant to be free. While historically mankind has not always enjoyed the opportunity to fully appreciate what that means, we are so indescribably fortunate as to live in a time of the greatest spiritual, physical, financial and political freedom ever known. Freedom doesn't come cheap, nor does it come easy. But the best things in life don't come that way do they? As I write this I am struck by how this sounds like a political statement, and for me this is much more of a spiritual thing, but, same goes for that (political that is). Freedom doesn't come easy. And it's worth whatever fight you have to make to overcome in your life in order to live a life that succeeds. Now the questions is - what is success for you? What is your standard? In my mind what is needed is a definite target - because you can't hit and maintain a moving target. A stable, rock-solid, anchor with no variable, yet multi-faceted. Something pure, just and worthy. If you look at any web page of news you can see that our society is certainly lacking in this area. What a great time to live as a rebel! Nowadays to be a rebel, all you have to do is be willing to engage in the battle of life, while anchored to Christ!