Monday, July 21, 2008

Why Seek Ye The Living Among The Dead?


A few years ago, a line in the scriptures pertaining to the Resurrection story really "got" to me. I knew that though I "got" it on one level, there was (and is) a wealth of meaning there, which I would look forward to the Lord revealing in His good time.

Lately the line has been "poking" me more and more, like so "remember, remember, look me up, ponder, seek The Lord, don't miss out!" So, I have been looking at it, pondering, seeking. It haunts me really. I feel led to post on it. But, in such a way as to let it speak what it will. Not so much of my thoughts on it. That will be at a minimum!

Photobucket

"Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them. And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre. And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus. And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments: And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen:"

Just some data for you to consider. They came seeking, the way the word "seek" is used implies worship, or you could say a worshipful attitude, or intent behind the seeking. They brought their gifts (like we do), early in the morning on the first day of the week. However, where they went seeking, they found He wasn't there, not any longer. He was gone. He was RISEN.

I will share that since I first saw this, what really spoke to me was how often we go seeking life where there is no longer life. Or maybe never was. Since that time its my prayer that the Lord will not let me or my family waste our respective short time here, looking for life outside of the only source of life.

More lately the thought is that sometimes we hang onto things where once where God's plan for us was, but now that time/season has passed. It gives me pause. So I am considering where His life is flowing best in my life. Trusting Him to make clear if it is time to surrender any parts, so that the life He does live in me, can have free access and flourish even more. As in the pruning of a favored tree or shrub!

That's all I am going to say for now. If this left you with more questions than answers, well then GOOD! That means I did well! Happy seeking!

Photobucket

8 comments:

pam said...

Very good. I'm at a point of knowing nothing of what is to be. I have died to what the first 36 years with Jesus were and have almost felt like I'm starting over. But He has pulled me out of such a dark place and begun restoring our relationship. He carried me for years, burned out and in need of His shoulder. Now a new refreshment is rising in me but I have not a clue where He is going to take us, what life will look like. I only need to know what I know today, so I wait and believe that He is making all things new. Really puts into perspective what my life was and looking forward is for the living. Some things may look the same and some may be TOTALLY different. Looking to Him, I am alive in Christ.

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Hey There Maria...there is a little something for you over in Mel's World...come on over some time to pick it up!

Denise said...

Awesome post, really enjoyed this.

Karen Hossink said...

"If this left you with more questions than answers, well then GOOD! That means I did well!"
You're so clever! *grin*
Thanks for praying for my family and me this weekend. I had a great time!

Tiffany said...

I just finished reading your last three posts. I'm trying to play catch up. I got chills reading this post, and I can't even describe why. I feel full of anticipation, as if something new and wonderful is about to burst forth. (I hope that doesn't sound too coo-coo!) But something else really struck me two posts down. How God waits for us, because He knows we are fragil and it takes a long time for us to be conformed into the image of His Son. It reminds me of something Leslie posted this week...He (God) doesn’t (always) give us what we ask for. He doesn’t give us what we want. He gives us what we need. He gives us what will mold us and shape us into the image of His son. He isn’t as concerned with our present comfort as He is with our eternal outcome. A double Amen to that- ladies! ~Be Blessed!

She Rose Up said...

Snuffie - My heart goes out to you for so many faithful years service in the Kingdom and the battle scars I am sure you bear. I am so glad to know that you are entering a season of freshness. He is always and ever doing a new thing! And I love your intercessor's heart!

Mel - You are way too good to me! And congratulations to you as well!

Denise - thank you!

Karen - Tee-Hee! Thanks! I am so glad you had a great time! I loved your thoughts on how God uses everday people for great things!

Tiffany - Can you see me grinning from ear to ear? That is exactly how I feel. Very much in anticiaption! I loved your thoughts on how Leslie's post, so fitting! That is how her post impacted me as well.

To All - thank you so much for sharing your hearts and taking the time to stop by!

May God bless you with increasing life abundantly!
Maria

Sassiekiwi said...

Ooh ... this is a good one Maria ... Questions are such great things ... they make us reflect and focus ... this post did that for me.

Thanks!

S

Anonymous said...

Heya just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the images aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure
why but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same outcome.

My weblog :: motivation to lose weight

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What Does it Mean Anyway? "Free to Fly"...

Well, it's like this: Here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Free: a : having the legal and political rights of a citizen b : enjoying civil and political liberty c : enjoying political independence or freedom from outside domination d : enjoying personal freedom : not subject to the control or domination of another2 a : not determined by anything beyond its own nature or being : choosing or capable of choosing for itself...having a scope not restricted by qualification 7 a : not obstructed, restricted, or impeded ...Now, here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Fly:1 a : to move in or pass through the air with wings b : to move through the air or before the wind or through outer space c : to float, wave, or soar in the air ... a : to take flight ...6 : to work successfully ...Examples which apply from Websters: fly high : to be elated - fly in the face of or fly in the teeth of : to stand or act forthrightly or brazenly in defiance or contradiction of

What does this mean in my life? This means that in life we are meant to be free. While historically mankind has not always enjoyed the opportunity to fully appreciate what that means, we are so indescribably fortunate as to live in a time of the greatest spiritual, physical, financial and political freedom ever known. Freedom doesn't come cheap, nor does it come easy. But the best things in life don't come that way do they? As I write this I am struck by how this sounds like a political statement, and for me this is much more of a spiritual thing, but, same goes for that (political that is). Freedom doesn't come easy. And it's worth whatever fight you have to make to overcome in your life in order to live a life that succeeds. Now the questions is - what is success for you? What is your standard? In my mind what is needed is a definite target - because you can't hit and maintain a moving target. A stable, rock-solid, anchor with no variable, yet multi-faceted. Something pure, just and worthy. If you look at any web page of news you can see that our society is certainly lacking in this area. What a great time to live as a rebel! Nowadays to be a rebel, all you have to do is be willing to engage in the battle of life, while anchored to Christ!