Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Newness of Life

Photobucket


Something is calling to me lately.

I keep having thoughts about the early morning.

The dew, the mist, the delicate freshness of the waiting day.

I wish I was the sort of writer who could bust out the pen,
and pad and do the pictures in my mind justice!


Photobucket

I looked for the "right" verse that spoke something of what was on my mind,
and I found this in Isaiah, and though that is a favorite book of mine,
I am not familiar with this verse.
"With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea,
with my spirit within me will I seek thee early:
for when thy judgments are in the earth,
the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness."
Isaiah 26:9

As things will happen, the perfect poem, showed up in an S.E. Hinton book,
("The Outsiders"), which I was pre-reading for my son, before he dives in.
I had read it as a young person and really loved it,
and now I want him to have that opportunity.

Now this poem is by Robert Frost, and while it's not about the dawn,
it does speak to what is in my heart.

It's about the innocence of youth.

And in my tangled spaghetti plate mind, these things all relate!
Early morning dawn, innocence of youth,
I think the underlying factor in my heart right now
is newness of life!
I hope you enjoy it!

Photobucket

Nothing Gold Can Stay
by Robert Frost

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.


Photobucket

8 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Such beautiful pictures! Such comforting thoughts like a salve! Thank you!

Unknown said...

Poetry so speaks to the heart and paints the most vibrant picture. Such peace in this post. I can picture you out on a deck, watching God, barefoot, reading Frost with your Bible at the ready. Nice. (Don't tell me where you actually were when this post came to mind.)

Cecily R said...

Have I ever told you that I (not a scriptorian by any stretch)love Isaiah? I love finding his poetry.

I was OBSESSED with that Frost poem for a while. Memorized it. I still feel tingly when I read it.

She Rose Up said...

Thanks, Leslie! And you are most welcome!

Carole, yes it does! You aren't far off the mark actually! :) That's all I'll say! Not to worry!

Cecily, cool! re: the poem, yes, it's speaking to me so very much right now...I love that something written so long ago, is timeless and can speak to people today, and tomorrow!

Thanks you all!
Maria

Sharon Brumfield said...

Innocence and newness---
I like the part about Eden......one day we will be there again.
Newness that will never go away.
Longing for that newness.
The new heaven and the new earth and walking with Him in the garden again.

Just where the poem took me.

Tiffany said...

Beautiful Maria! I love the poem. And I think we are in sync on this underlying feeling. I've been having it too, and I really think it added a new dynamic to this Easter for me this year. I've also been rising early- right before dawn to be w/ the Lord. It has been very special. Intimate some how, you know what I mean?

Denise said...

You are such a balm to the soul, love you sweetie.

She Rose Up said...

Sharon, that what poems are for, everybody gets something a little different, and when we share it like you did, then I think, we get the most out of it! I'm glad you liked it!

Hi, Tiffany! Thank you! Yes, I've been doing that a few times during the week, as well! & there really IS an intimacy in those hours, no doubt!

Denise, you are such a sweet encourager! Thank you!

Hope you all are having a great day! If not, try a long walk! It helped me!

Maria

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What Does it Mean Anyway? "Free to Fly"...

Well, it's like this: Here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Free: a : having the legal and political rights of a citizen b : enjoying civil and political liberty c : enjoying political independence or freedom from outside domination d : enjoying personal freedom : not subject to the control or domination of another2 a : not determined by anything beyond its own nature or being : choosing or capable of choosing for itself...having a scope not restricted by qualification 7 a : not obstructed, restricted, or impeded ...Now, here are some of the Webster's Dictionary definitions of Fly:1 a : to move in or pass through the air with wings b : to move through the air or before the wind or through outer space c : to float, wave, or soar in the air ... a : to take flight ...6 : to work successfully ...Examples which apply from Websters: fly high : to be elated - fly in the face of or fly in the teeth of : to stand or act forthrightly or brazenly in defiance or contradiction of

What does this mean in my life? This means that in life we are meant to be free. While historically mankind has not always enjoyed the opportunity to fully appreciate what that means, we are so indescribably fortunate as to live in a time of the greatest spiritual, physical, financial and political freedom ever known. Freedom doesn't come cheap, nor does it come easy. But the best things in life don't come that way do they? As I write this I am struck by how this sounds like a political statement, and for me this is much more of a spiritual thing, but, same goes for that (political that is). Freedom doesn't come easy. And it's worth whatever fight you have to make to overcome in your life in order to live a life that succeeds. Now the questions is - what is success for you? What is your standard? In my mind what is needed is a definite target - because you can't hit and maintain a moving target. A stable, rock-solid, anchor with no variable, yet multi-faceted. Something pure, just and worthy. If you look at any web page of news you can see that our society is certainly lacking in this area. What a great time to live as a rebel! Nowadays to be a rebel, all you have to do is be willing to engage in the battle of life, while anchored to Christ!