But He Himself was in the stern [of the boat], asleep on the [leather] cushion; and they awoke Him and said to Him, Master, do You not care that we are perishing?
And He arose and rebuked the wind and said to the sea,
He said to them, Why are you so timid and fearful?
Only it must be in faith that he asks with no wavering
For truly, let not such a person imagine that he will receive anything
[For being as he is] a man of two minds (hesitating, dubious, irresolute),
Where I am going with this, isn't something I can say is in my heart yet (more like head knowledge). And I usually don't post about something unless it's already in my heart. But I'm making an exception, this time. Because I am hopeful this will help me to process it, and carve it on the tablets of my heart. Who knows, maybe someone else needs this as much as I do?
Where I'm at right now, is that often when the winds of change blow, we struggle with not knowing what to do, and seeking God for wisdom. We may feel like He has failed us or that we have failed to hear Him, because we feel like we have NOTHING in the way of confidence or wisdom to light the way.
So, I am choosing to believe Him at His Word, because He's not a man that He should lie!
"The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day." Proverbs 4:18
How does this help me?
- It means I pray for (among other things) wisdom!
- And I believe Him to day by day (the day by day part is what trips me - I want to see far down the road! or at least to say, next week?) to guide us through the channel with the rocky waves and winds.
- I won't add to those waves with mental wavering and doubting if what we decide is right.
- I will believe, that regardless of the results, we did, and we do, the best we know to do, as He makes us able.
- I will keep my eyes on my constant: My source, My Father, and My Hope, My North Star, My Lighthouse in the Storm!
- He will keep me in His perfect peace, and those I love.
"You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You.
So trust in the Lord (commit yourself to Him, lean on Him, hope confidently in Him) forever; for the Lord God is an everlasting Rock [the Rock of Ages]."
Keep your eyes on Him! After a while the waves seem to die down...so far so good!